Monday, December 10, 2007

25 Days of Christmas: Food

I had not planned on writing a post on this subject, but after finishing my evening meal, I couldn't help it. Tonight I ate turkey buns AND baklava, both made by my lovely bride. These are two of my absolute favorite foods, and we typically only eat them around Christmas time. I wanted to try to put into words the kind of joy that this brings to me, but alas, my eloquence ends at "Danny happy. Danny like food. Food good." So, since one of my blog themes is to totally steal great poetry and use it for my own purposes, I now present you with the world premier of "I Carry Your Food With Me."

i carry your food with me

i carry your food with me(i carry it in
my belly)i am never without it(anywhere
i go it goes,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no food(for you make my food,my sweet)i want
no room(for beautiful you are in kitchen,my true)
and it's you are whatever a baklava has always meant
and whatever a bun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the leaf of the leaf and the bun of the bun
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your food(i carry it in my belly)


my apologies to E.E. Cummings

No comments: