Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The All-Star Game

I was getting my hopes up for a bit there that the National League might win, and get home field advantage, and that the Cubs could have the home field throughout the entire playoffs, and their home record is so good that it would propel them to the World Series title and I would have a heart attack...................

But, alas, the AL pulled it out again.

It was pretty cool to see the last All-Star game at Yankee Stadium. Honestly, I think that will be the last major baseball event there, as I don't think the Yankees are going to the postseason this year. I'm not normally one for over-done pregame festivities. They always take too long and are too cheesy. They scream at you, "Be emotional now!" I don't need to feel manipulated by some PR guy at MLB. Plus, they make the games start way too late. BUT... I really liked the pregame at this All-Star game. I don't think they could have pulled that off anywhere but Yankee Stadium, but it just seemed right there.

More importantly, I thought the Cubs players represented themselves well, especially Zambrano and Dempster. Good job boys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How about Marmol? His scoreless all-star inning might be the best thing to happen to the Cubs this season. He needed that.

Amie V said...

Not to change the subject or anything, but it was the 'sports' theme that reminded me... not a comment on Wimbledon? Nothing? Seriously?

Dan said...

Unfortunately, we were gone for the second week of Wimbledon and driving during the final, so I was able to see very little. I heard it was amazing. Frankly, I'm glad not to have seen Roger lose.