Monday, April 14, 2008

I've Been Tagged: Five Things I Want My Kids to Know

I've been tagged. The topic: Five Things I want my kids to know before they grow up. So, here goes...

1. I want my kids to know... that their parents have NO idea what we're doing both as parents or in life in general. However, every decision we make regarding our kids is in (what we think is) their best interests, because we love them unconditionally.
2. I want my kids to know... God's love and grace in a personal way, and that it is their role and responsibility in life to be a blessing to others.
3. I want my kids to know... how to learn and that they should always ask questions.
4. I want my kids to know... that hard work is more important than natural talent and how to actually work.
5. I want my kids to know... how to play at least one musical instrument, sport, and foreign language.

So, yes, in my typical way I managed to be way more wordy than necessary. The responsibility of one who has been tagged is, in chain letter fashion, to then tag several other people who meet 3 criteria- 1. have a chance of actually seeing this post to know they have been tagged, and 2. might actually participate if asked., and 3. haven't already been tagged that I am aware of. So, without further ado, I would love to get responses from the following:

1. My Mom & Stepdad
2. Nancy's Mom & Dad
(because I would like to know what they thought they were teaching us...)
3. My cousin Aaron, who does not yet have kids, but works with them on a daily basis and probably has interesting thoughts on the subject (most of his thoughts are interesting anyway)
4. Matt Peterson- again, no kids yet, but ALL of Matt's thoughts are interesting
5. Carrie & Brian Powell- because they are 6 months ahead of us in this whole parenting thing.

If you don't have a blog or don't wish to write a post on this topic on your blog, feel free to post it in the comments section here, if you want to join in the conversation. No pressure though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm getting there. I promise.