Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yes, we won, but at what cost?

Obviously, by "we" I am referring to the Cubs. Makes sense...

Anyway, the Cubbies are on a nice little winning streak here, even if it is against Houston & Pittsburgh, not exactly the class of Major League Baseball. I'm thrilled that they're winning, but these extra inning games are just killing them (and certain fans who shall remain nameless). They've already started calling up minor league pitchers to give they're bullpen relief. It's April 10! You've already blown out the bullpen on April 10!? Normally, I would think this is a managerial problem, but it's not- they've just played too many long games. As nice as this win streak is, I can't help but wonder if the price of those wins may be too steep and we'll be paying for it in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-April slump due to tired arms. I hope not, of course.

Speaking of hot teams, what is going on in St. Louis? I thought they weren't supposed to be any good this year. Isn't the NL Central supposed to be about the Cubs and Brewers? The last thing we need is for the freaking Cardinals to be good. Sheesh.

No comments: