We've been away from the blog for a few days, so it's time to get caught back up...
1. As I wrote here on April 23, the last 17 games were going to be an important indication for just how good the Cubs were this season. It was a brutal stretch, with a lot of division and road games and ending with a home series against the team with the best record in baseball, the Arizona Diamondbacks. So, what did we learn? The Cubs went 8-9 over 17 games (4-2 at home and 4-7 on the road). On its face, I would find that mildly discouraging, but the weird thing is that they played 3 series in a row where they outscored their opponents but lost 2 of 3. So, it's discouraging that they lost, but encouraging that they have a high value in expected wins. In the long run, that is encouraging. On a more personal note, WHERE WERE THOSE WINS AGAINST THE DIAMONDBACKS LAST OCTOBER?????
2. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, most importantly my wife, my mom, and my mom-in-law.
3. Sophie is learning to pose for the camera. Let's just say that it's a work in progress:
4. I'm feeling pretty good about the Mountain Dew challenge. It's a little harder than I thought it would be, but I'm feeling good nonetheless. I also grow more appreciative every day not to be participating in Mustache May.
5. The guys I've worked for just opened their first of several new Dunkin Donuts in Lexington. Nancy & I grew up with Dunkin Donuts, but they are new to this area. So, we went to our first ever Donut Party on Friday, and took home copious amounts of free donuts to share with anyone who would take them. I have now officially had my fill of donuts for some time to come. But if you haven't- Go to the new Dunkin Donuts on Main at Rose!